Most people make a full recovery from the COVID19 coronavirus. However, some people sadly become more unwell and will need help from the NHS.
To keep yourself safe, please follow this advice:
- Stay well hydrated – Drink 6-8 glasses of fluid (e.g. water, cordial) each day
- Have someone check on you – if you live alone, ask a friend or neighbour to check in with you every day by telephone or video call.
- Seek medical advice – Call 111 or 999 depending on how concerned you are, if you or the person you are caring for develops any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling short of breath or breathless when at rest (e.g. sitting in a chair or lying in bed)
- Pain or pressure in the chest
- Feeling cold, clammy or having mottled skin
- New confusion
- Being difficult to rouse
- Blue lips or face
- Passing little or no urine
- Coughing up blood
- Neck stiffness
- A rash that doesn’t go away under a tumbler (read about how to test this)
Source: BMJ 2020;368:m1182 doi: 10.1136/bmj.m1182 (Published 25 March 2020)